Have you had fun this week seeing all the inspiring pieces from Nathalie Kalbach latest stamps from Stampendous!!!

I have created an “On a Safari” Canvas using Nathalie Kalbach Elephant 3 in 1 Stamp Set.
It includes a  cling and foam stamp along with a stencil in each of the 3 in 1 stamp sets.
Begin your canvas by paint it with gesso, allow to dry completely.
Spray mister on prepared canvas, mist with water to allow the mister to travel across the canvas.
(Do each mister separately, allowing each to dry between sprays.)
Dry completely.
Stamp cling elephant from set with black paint. Dry.
Do a wash of Teal and White over entire canvas. Dry
Do a wash of Brown Umber over bottom of canvas. Dry.
Stamp tracks background to top of canvas with Titanium White Paint. Dry.
Stamp tracks with Brown Umber paint. Dry.
Lay stencil that comes with the Elephant 3 in 1 Stamp Set on to prepared canvas.
Apply embossing paste to top with palette knife.
Dry completely.
Repeat as above using Black Embossing Paste.
Dry completely.
Shade and highlight elephant and sand on canvas.
Add dots with stylus and paint.
Dry completely.
Add chipboard and sentiment from pattern paper to top of prepare canvas.
Die cut pattern paper using Poinsettia  Die.
Form flower, ink edges, adhere to canvas.
Another look at my “On a Safari” Canvas.
 Stop by the Stampendous Blog to see more projects.

Hugs Pam

Stampendous Supplies:
Other Supplies:
Follow Nathalie Kalbach
Nathalie Kalbach Blog
Nathalie Kalbach Facebook Artist Page

photo PB Signature.png

34 thoughts on “On a Safari with Nathalie Kalbach and Stampendous

1. CLAUDIA says:

Your techniques and colors are wonderful. Yours makes a happy wonderful peice of mixed media art. Thank you for your inspiration. C21claudia@aol.com

2. CLAUDIA says:

3. This looks so good! Love how you added colors on the elephant. Thanks for the inspiration 😀 Myriam from Qc, Canada

Beautiful! Nthank you for sharing!

Gorgeous colors and textures! Love this!!

I just think there is nothing that you can't do Pam and do it in an INCREDIBLE fashion. I just adored your Urban Scribble take on Monday and now today – WOW…. your elephant knocks my socks off girl. What LUSCIOUSLY STUNNING colors and truly FABULOUS background. And Nat's elephant – WOW – such a proud fellow is he now that you have given him such a CLASSY Handsomeness. XXj.

Nice job. Really love the bright colors. Reminds me of Trinidad.Cja Genedeo, NY

9. Robin says:

So gorgeous! I love all the elements you have used. I am just starting to get into mixed media. I really appreciate the tutorials. Hugs, Robin

FABULOUS canvas Pam!!!LOVE the elephant, LOVE the colours, detail and textures too, a real creative adventure!!!THANK YOU for sharing :)Tracy from Australia

11. What an amazing background!! LOVE all the textures and the colors are so pretty! The elephant is a beauty!! TFS!

12. Chris Dring says:

Just gorgeous!!

13. I was lucky enough to go on safari 4 years ago.It was an amazing experience – to be among thosegiant creatures and see how majestic they are.Your canvas is fantastic.thanks for sharing.

14. Wow! I love your canvas! The colors are wonderful!

15. Great colors and textures! Fabulous canvas! Thx for sharing.

Fabulous job onyour canvas! Loveall that texture.Carla from Utah

17. This is simply beautiful! I love the elephant and the stencil that comes with the best.

18. wonderful wonderful job Pam.. your project speaks volume to me with all the mixed media bits and pops of color!!

What an awesome canvas! You have really made gorgeous depth in the layers of stenciling and the elephant with a pop of red is beautiful. Thank you for sharing today.

20. Salnclts says:

I love all the details!

Beautiful. Attention to detail is very evident.

22. mcsuetx says:

Perfect stamps and colors for a beautiful canvas

23. Beautiful. Love all of the great details and colors. TFS

24. Stephanie says:

Great project!

25. Lilian says:

Very cool canvas!Lilian (Maryland, USA)The Leaf Studio

26. Judy says:

Wow! What a gorgeous canvas. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us.

27. Jackiekg says:

Lovely! Great choice of colors and just love the textures. It's a great picture with a great sentiment. TFS,

28. Ohhh this is so amazing. I love the colorful and textured background and the theme- such a wonderful canvas. Thank you so much for being part of the hop!!!

29. Wonderful. Love that elephant!

30. Lea says:

Love how bright and eye-catching this is, plus the added texture with the stencil is perfect. I'm in love with this elephant set!

31. Linsey R says:

Beautiful mixed media creation, Pam! Thanks for the super inspiration!!!

What fabulous layers and colors! The elephant is my fav! – FL

33. Julie B says:

I just love the layers, stencils, and finishing touches to the elephant that makes it pop with life! The flower and chipboard are a nice personal touch.

34. Love this Pam and the way you did the background brilliant, inspired me to have more play time with those misters! x